Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Contour Line Drawing

My  contour line drawing skills increased greatly from the beginning of this unit. When I started out, I was unsure of myself because I am so used to picking up the pen/pencil and moving around. Also, I typically   don't draw in such fluid motions because I am a "sketchy" kind of artist. Slowly and steadily though I learned how to move my hand at the speed of my eye so I could draw exactly what I see. In this drawing I did a good job of capturing all of the little details of the shoe. On the other hand, I made several obvious mistakes like making the bottom of the shoe unproportionally large. The laces are another fault because they are too fat. I improved throughout the contour drawing unit, sadly, I do not believe that this is my best piece of work from this unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment