Thursday, February 12, 2015

Art Three Blog Snapshot #2

Since my last blog post, I have completed the text art project. I ended up putting down a layer of newspaper on a canvas, painting over it with grey acrylic paint, and then creating the NYC skyline out of text. I chose this theme because although I love New York, most people who live there are more concerned with making money than with finding true happiness. I'm very pleased with how this piece came out. Taking my time and paying attention to detail ended up paying off with the final project. If I could do this project again and do it differently, I would make more important words bolded. Also, I would buy some better pens so the quality of the piece would be a higher quality.

For my next project, I decided to do printmaking. So far I have created a Pinterest board: 
https://www.pinterest.com/hannahdayy/printmaking/
Also, I have started to create some sketches for my final project.  I decided that I was going to do three prints of the stages of life a girl goes through: childhood, parenthood and old age. I am going to keep the prints very simplistic and only do black and white because I don't want crazy colors to take away from the theme of the piece. 

See you in two weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations in your win at the Halle show! As for your new piece, I think keeping it simple with the color choice is the smart way to go. Sometimes less is more.

    ReplyDelete